Monday, December 9, 2013

Final Blog Reflection- Texture

Degree of Exploration
I used a variety of textures in this project. I captured the texture of many organic and inorganic pictures through rubbings, photography, and sculpting. Some things that I used were cloth, paint, leaves, tiles, berries, bricks, and the list keeps on going. I really tried to use a variety of objects to make my compositions unique. I also kept the juxtaposing part of my compostions in mind. In my collage, I put two completely different textures next to each other in the background, and also layered different pictures to create many different textures. I thought it was pretty well organized since the compostition still represented a picture, even though I used different objects in what seemed like an abstract way.

Degree of Craftsmanship and attention to detail
All of my projects in this unit have a different, unique texture in at least one part of the composition. Each of my compositions have at least one clear and visable texture that stands out, which could have been rocks,  cloth, lace, or tiles. I definitely pushed myself in experimenting with different textures. I think I put the most work into my Photoshop collage, since I was really interested in using the pictures and rubbing to create an original compostition. I also had to pay attention to the smaller in my final block to make sure that each part of the compostion filled in he spaces properly, which took a lot of effort, especially with the lace that I used. My final block is well unified, since the lace represents the berries' leaves. It also looks as if it's a part of the composition, and not a separate piece, which is important in unity.

Level of techinical understanding and growth
I have improved in capturing textures in rubbings, digital photography, and sculpture, since I now know how to successfully capture different textures using the right materials. I also learned how to use Photoshop, and be creative when making the compositions. I also used many types of textures and objects, which helped me understand more about how to experiment with different objects. I realize that my project has a few imperfections, such as the hot glue strings comimg out of my texture. I think that if I had better control over where the hot glue was going, I wouldn't have had as many imperfections.


No comments:

Post a Comment